[Insight-users] suggestion of CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter

bear xiongguanglei at tsinghua.org.cn
Wed May 25 22:07:33 EDT 2005

hi all,

   I think function HysteresisThresholding() and FollowEdge() in
CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter can be simplified:
(1) check if we need to followedge in HysteresisThresholding();
(2) only change mark when poping out from the list
The corresponding changes in two functions is attached.
   BTW, I find canny sometimes produces edges in a disconnected form. In
documents, I see "Edge-linking will be added when an itk connected component
labeling algorithm is available." Can this edge-linking partially resolve this
problem? When will it be available?

                                             bear