Update: solved other problem, got a new one (was RE: [Insight-users] Applying a transform? PointSet registration?)

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Mon May 23 15:46:24 EDT 2005

I found the doxygen for itkDefaultMeshTraits, and tried using this to ensure that the coordinate representation matched the transform scalar type. However, I then get a problem where the TransformMeshFilter tries to access the GetCellLinks method of the PointSet, which does not exist. (at least that is how I interpret it) Here is the entire new, minimal, example, followed by the error messages I get from it.
------------The Program------------------------------------------------
#include "itkDefaultStaticMeshTraits.h"
#include "itkPointSet.h"
#include "itkEuler3DTransform.h"
#include "itkTransformMeshFilter.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
int main(int argc, char * argv[] )
{
  const unsigned int Dimension = 3;
  typedef float MyScalar;
  typedef itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<MyScalar,Dimension,Dimension,MyScalar,MyScalar,MyScalar> MyTraits;
  typedef itk::PointSet< MyScalar, Dimension,MyTraits >   PointSetType;
  typedef itk::Euler3DTransform< MyScalar >      TransformType;
  TransformType::Pointer transform = TransformType::New();
  typedef itk::TransformMeshFilter<PointSetType,PointSetType,TransformType> MoverType;
  MoverType::Pointer mover = MoverType::New();
  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
--------------------------------The Errors-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[rcatwood at xe01 itk_examples]$ make
Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
Building object file IterativeClosestPoint2.o...
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx: In
   member function `void itk::TransformMeshFilter<TInputMesh, TOutputMesh,
   TTransform>::GenerateData() [with TInputMesh = main(int,
   char**)::PointSetType, TOutputMesh = main(int, char**)::PointSetType,
   TTransform = main(int, char**)::TransformType]':
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkPointLocator.txx:161:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx:107: no
   matching function for call to `itk::PointSet<MyScalar, 3, main(int,
   char**)::MyTraits>::GetCellLinks()'
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkPointLocator.txx:161:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx:109: no
   matching function for call to `itk::PointSet<MyScalar, 3, main(int,
   char**)::MyTraits>::GetCells()'
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkPointLocator.txx:161:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx:110: no
   matching function for call to `itk::PointSet<MyScalar, 3, main(int,
   char**)::MyTraits>::GetCellData()'
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkPointLocator.txx:161:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx:113: `
   MaxTopologicalDimension' is not a member of type `main(int,
   char**)::PointSetType'
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkPointLocator.txx:161:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/encap/ITK_2.0.1.0/include/InsightToolkit/BasicFilters/itkTransformMeshFilter.txx:117: no
   matching function for call to `itk::PointSet<MyScalar, 3, main(int,
   char**)::MyTraits>::GetBoundaryAssignments(unsigned int&)'
make[1]: *** [IterativeClosestPoint2.o] Error 1
make: *** [default_target] Error 2
[rcatwood at xe01 itk_examples]$