[Insight-users] Speed of Connected Components Filter

Ken Urish ken.urish at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:40:23 EDT 2005

Im doing some work with the connected components filter. When I work
with a binary tiff image thats 1000x1000 pixels the connected
components filter is a little sluggish. When I do an image thats
5000x5000 the computer grinds to a halt (I need that resolution). Is
there a way to speed the filter up? Whats making it so slow? My other
thought was just to chop the image up into pieces - is there a filter
that would do this in itk?

My images have a few thousand connected components that have a rough
and complex topology so that they are not the easiest thing to run a
connected components on.

Muchos Gracias
--Ken--