[Insight-users] Tiger OSX

Hxsham Fire hxsham at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 15:51:19 EDT 2005

Hi All,
I have finally got to the point where I can actually
compile ITK, but with certain compromises...
I have changed the c++ to c++-4.0 while using gcc-3.3
or gcc-4.0 in order to solve the following problem:
     vnl_math.cxx:208:
     error: `
         __isnan' undeclared (first use this function)
however I also had to turn the BUILD_TEST OFF and
BUILD_EXAMPLES OFF, the reason is that "vnl_math::pi"
and other symbols similar to that were not defined...
note: examples that did not use the "vnl_math" symbols
had no problem compiling and also my project
compiled...
I tried to follow that error to see where these should
be defined and came to realise that some of the
preprocessor macros do not function well in MAC OSX
(maybe ??) :
vnl_math::pi is defined in
Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_math.cxx
with the following condition:
#if !VCL_STATIC_CONST_INIT_FLOAT_NO_DEFN

my analysis is that some of the symbols defined in the
math library in ITK are not functioning well in MAC
OSX and as long as they are not reffered to things do
compile...

Thanks
Hxsham
--- Zachary Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been trying to figure out Hxsham's problem for
> a few days with
> little success. Here's what he reported as the
> error:

/Users/hharik/hisham/insight_cvs/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2005-April/