[Insight-users] Tiger OSX

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu May 19 14:45:53 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out Hxsham's problem for a few days with
little success. Here's what he reported as the error:

> /Users/hharik/hisham/insight_cvs/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/
> vnl_math.cxx:
> In
>    function `bool vnl_math_isinf(float)':
> /Users/hharik/hisham/insight_cvs/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/
> vnl_math.cxx:208:
> error: `
>    __isnan' undeclared (first use this function)
> /Users/hharik/hisham/insight_cvs/Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/
> vnl_math.cxx:208:
> error: (Each
>    undeclared identifier is reported only once for
> each function it appears
>    in.)

There have been a few people who have reported this problem (or other
ones with __isnan later on in link-phase) on the list. Most seem to
involve OS X. (see e.g.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2005-April/
012653.html )

Here are all the conditions Hxsham was able to replicate the problem in:

> - i tried a clean compilation of ITK 2.0.0 and ITK
> 2.0.1 and cvs version.
> -i tried changing the compilers from c++, c++-3.3,
> c++-4.0, g++-3.3 and g++4.0
> - i also tried changing gcc, gcc-3.3, and gcc-4.0
> - i tried all the above compilers as well as different
> combinations of them... i.e.  changing one but not the
> other
> - i have shared libraries OFF,
>          tried GDCM ON and OFF
>          tried BUILD_TEST ON and OFF
>
> i am working on G5 with Mac OSX Tiger installed...

Zach