[Insight-users] Re: Landmark Based transform initializer

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu May 19 12:01:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

We've added a landmark based transform initializer class. Currently it only supports Rigid3D transforms. In other words the SetTransform method
should pass a VersorRigid3DTransform. We will try to add one for affine and corresponding rigid/affine ones for 2D,

The solution is based on:
   Berthold K. P. Horn (1987),
    "Closed-form solution of absolute orientation using unit quaternions,"
    Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 4:629-642
 http://people.csail.mit.edu/bkph/papers/Absolute_Orientation.pdf
and flicked from Hybrid/vtkLandmarkTransform.cxx

See Testing/Code/Common/itkLandmarkBasedTransformInitializerTest.cxx
and
Code/Common/itkLandmarkBasedTransformInitializer.txx/h

On a related note:
Other landmark based transform initializers in ITK are:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThinPlateSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThinPlateR2LogRSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ElasticBodyReciprocalSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ElasticBodySplineKernelTransform.html