[Insight-users] Calculate Image Position/Orientation after Rotation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 18 22:15:16 EDT 2005

Hi Cam,

Please read the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the section on spatial Transfoms.

To put it short:

A)  You transform the orientation by storing the
     vector values in itk::Vector<> classes and
     invoking the method

              transform->TransformVector()

B)  You transform the patient position by storing
     values in an itk::Point<> class and then invoking
     the method

               transform->TransformPoint()

If you just need a rotation around the Y axis,
you can easily solve your problem by using the
itk::VersorRigid3DTransform.