[Insight-users] Papers about optimizers???

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat May 7 19:32:18 EDT 2005

The documentation for the  OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer (
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/
classitk_1_1OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer.html , or in the header
file) has this to say:

>  For more details. refer to the following articles. "Parametric
> estimate of intensity inhomogeneities applied to MRI" Martin Styner,
> G. Gerig, Christian Brechbuehler, Gabor Szekely, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON
> MEDICAL IMAGING; 19(3), pp. 153-165, 2000,
> (http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/tmi00.pdf )
>
>  "Evaluation of 2D/3D bias correction with 1+1ES-optimization" Martin
> Styner, Prof. Dr. G. Gerig (IKT, BIWI, ETH Zuerich), TR-197
> (http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/StynerTR97.pdf )

I found Appendix B of the 2000 paper to be a good introduction to the
1+1ES, as implemented in ITK.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine