[Insight-users] Re: Speed Image and Propagation, Advection and Curvature terms

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 5 21:56:14 EDT 2005

Hi Conn,

The output of the Sigmoid is strictly speaking a "feature" image.

 From this image the PDE framework computes a "speed" image. The
speed image is computed as a combination of terms:

       speed = propagation + curvature + advection

the propagation term is = feature image X propagationWeight

For more details you should read the ITK Software Guide

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide-2.0.1.pdf

In particular Section 9.3, "Level Set Segmentation",
in pdf-pages 496 to 541.