[Insight-users] Stopping a level set filter mid-iteration?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon May 2 22:36:07 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Is there a "proper" way to stop a level set filter (or, more generally,
a subclass of itk::FiniteDifferenceImageFilter) midway through its
iterations, via an observer object?

Some optimizers have a StopOptimization() method for precisely this
purpose, for example. Is there anything similar for
FiniteDifferenceImageFilter subclasses? (I could just set MaxIterations
to CurrentIterations from the observer object, I guess.)

If there isn't any such mechanism, should there be? I'll happily add
such a method to FiniteDifferenceImageFilter (after, of course, filing
a bug in the bugtracker) if people agree.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine