[Insight-users] Spatial Objects and the SpatialObjectToImageFilter

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Sun May 1 23:37:34 EDT 2005

Hi Dominique,

The IsInside() function is not implemented for the ArrowSpatialObject so
  the SpatialObjectToImageFilter cannot be used with this object.

However, for Line, Surface and BlobSpatialObject the
SpatialObjectToImageFilter should work. As you probably know these
objects are composed of points (each point having at least a location
plus other parameters). The SpatialObjectToImageFilter will set a bright
pixel if at least one point lies inside a pixel.

My guess is that you are not creating the Line/Surface/BlobSpatialObject
correctly. You can look at the SoftwareGuide (chapter 5) for more
information on how to create these objects.

Let us know if you have further problems,

Julien