[Insight-users] slow imageviewer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 1 10:49:51 EDT 2005

Hi Reinhard,

The ITK image viewer uses OpenGL,

have you verified that you have a correct
installation of OpenGL in your system ?

If your processor is going to 100% when rendering,
chances are that you don't have or you are not
using an accelerated graphic card, and therefore
all the graphic computations are being done in
software.

You can easily verify the performance of your OpenGL
by running an example such as

        /usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears