[Insight-users] using 3d registration on a 2d stack of images.

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 14:55:23 EST 2005

Hi Mark,

If you have multiple breast datasets (each 3D), you can use 3D
registration to register them against each other. This would allow, as
you've pointed out greater freedom in terms of allowing deformations in
3 dimensions as opposed to deformations restricted to a plane in the 2D
registration case case.

To clarify, we understand that you have multiple 3D breast datasets and
not "a breast dataset".

You may want to look at deformable registration examples in ITK.

Thanks
Regards
Karthik