[Insight-users] Which filter does the 3D volume shrinking?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 13:13:40 EST 2005

Hi George,

The filter that does Shrinking is of course the "Shrink" filter :-)

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShrinkImageFilter.html

There is a non-threaded version of it too:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NonThreadedShrinkImageFilter.html

If you are doing this for multiresolution Image registraion,
it is more formal to use the ResampleImageFilter according
to the instructions of the ITK Software Guide. The Resample
filter give you a more detailed control of the resampling
parameters, while the shrink filter simply takes integer
factors and samples the input image.