[Insight-users] using 3d registration on a 2d stack of images.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 30 13:10:06 EST 2005

Hi Mark,

You can use ITK for registering N-Dimensional images.

For examples on 3D registration please look at

   Insight/Examples/Registration/
             Imageregistraiton8.cxx
             DeformableRegistration7.cxx
             DeformableRegistration8.cxx

and the applications

   InsightApplications/
        LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration/
        MIValidation/
        VolviewPlugIns/
        MultiResMIRegistration/

However.... from the description of your problem, it seems
that you don't need to do 3D registration. What you have
is a series of 2D registration problems.

Maybe a better description of your project goals will help
us to understand your needs....