[Insight-users] ITK 2.0.1 is packaged for mandrakelinux

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Mar 30 03:59:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I have packaged ITK for mandrake. It will be avaible in the next official
release (10.2) and is already avaible in devel version (cooker).
It can also be easily backported to 10.1 (I use it this way).

Tcl binding package needs to be tested. I'm not a tcl user so if you are a
mandrake, itk and tcl user, please test it, and send me problems (and
solution if you can) you may have.

If you use mandrake cooker or mandrake 10.2 and above, "urpmi
libitk-devel", "urpmi python-itk" or "urpmi itk-doc" (for example) should
install packages you need to use itk.
If you use an earlier release, you can download source rpm from your
favorite mirror and rebuild the package with "rpmbuild --rebuild
itk-*-src.rpm". Read
http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/DistroSpecificReleaseTag
for more information on macro needed for backport.

I hope this package will make it easier for everybody to use this great
library with linux :-)

Regards.

Gaetan

--