[Insight-users] Flattening the histogram with ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 26 11:51:52 EST 2005

Hi Sohaib,

The StatisticsImageFilter will give you the

            Max, Min, Mean and Variance

of the pixel values of the image.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1StatisticsImageFilter.html

You can also get the Min and Max with the

MinimumMaximumImageCalculator
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MinimumMaximumImageCalculator.html

ITK doesn't have the traditional histogram normalization filter.
However it has the more sophisticated ones:

AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter.html

and

HistogramMatchingImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HistogramMatchingImageFilter.html

It should be relatively easy to build a classical Histogram
Normalization by removing code from the HistogramMatchingImageFilter