[Insight-users] Criterion to stop 1+1_evolutionary optimizer?

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Thu Mar 17 10:39:00 EST 2005

I am glad you're making use of the flexibility of itk by having multiple optimizers.   It would make a nice article for the upcoming insight software journal to evaluate the different configurations..I think the performance improvement that you credit the pyramid scheme is (aside from speed) equivalent to simplifying the metric space via blurring in image space inducing a blurring (high freq feature/noise removal) in metric space...it would be interesting to see if that did or didn't equate to reducing local extremes and if a relationship could be quantified between scale of confounding (non corresponding) image features and local extremes in metric space...

Until then..multiple options is great :)...