[Insight-users] Medical Question

Leonid Glykin leonidg at imedltd.com
Tue Mar 15 08:51:21 EST 2005

Hello, friends.
My name is Leonid Glykin.
I am working in a very small start-up IETMed (http://www.imedltd.com), and I am looking for some advises.
Our system is capturing images of brain from microscope during a surgery and assists to find tumor on the brain without turning off the light (as it is now in current systems such as MRI). We have pretty nice results, and now we are making some articles to describe our system and the results. I am asked to find some parameters to test the system. Some ideas were to make a mask of real tumor and processed tumor (found by the system) and to calculate sensitivity and specificity parameters. We got very high values (about 0.96-0.99), but we are not sure that these parameters have a place in medical brain researches.
I really need your advises about what might be the best parameters to test in that field and/or articles that might help me in that subject.
Thanks in Advance for any help,
Leonid
Please reply to my mail:
leonidg at imedltd.com