[Insight-users] BinaryFunctorNeighborhoodImageFilter ?

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Mar 14 10:08:39 EST 2005

Jordi,

You can certainly derive a filter from BinaryFunctorImageFilter to
do what you want.  You will need to override the following methods from
the superclass (or its superclass):

ThreadedGenerateData() - since your filter needs to compute over neighborhoods, you will have to provide your own ThreadedGenerateData() that will iterate
over the neighborhoods.  The loops will be similar to the NoiseImageFilter.

GenerateInputRequestedRegion() - since your filter needs to compute over
neighborhoods, you will have to provide this method to pad the output
requested region by the radii of the neighborhood and crop the region with
the largest possible region.

About all that your will gain from deriving from BinaryFunctorImageFilter
are SetInput1() and SetInput2().

Jim