[Insight-users] Re: Volume Data Headsq in ITK VTK Example

alqatarneh at netscape.net alqatarneh at netscape.net
Tue Mar 8 11:28:20 EST 2005

Hello Luis and all again,

Thank you Luis for your fast reply.
I agree that Google is a good search engine but it did not help me much in this case.
I found the link that you directed me to and many other links but that was not the dataset that I was referring to.

Maybe I did not make myself clear..
There are 2 different Headsq datasets in ITK (Quarter, Half).
There is also one more dataset of HEADSQ Images (headsq.1, headsq.2,.... headsq.94) that is used to demonstarte the example:(InsightApplications/vtkITK/Scripts/DemoMutual.tcl).

That dataset I downloaded from:
ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk/VTKTextbook/FullHead.tgz

To my understanding it has different format from the Headsq Quarter and Half format.
The ReadMe of this HEADSQ dataset says: "Warning: this dataset has a connectivity bit set (unlike the half and quarter resolution cases). Set the data mask in vtkVolume16Source to mask out the high-order bit."

Am I wrong? is the format of this dataset similar to the Quarter and Half datasets?
If it is different from the others , can you tell me how I can convert my images to the same format as the HEADSQ Image format, and add the connectivity bit set " As mentioned above: this dataset has a connectivity bit set "?

Kind regards,
Sharef
Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

>Hi Sharef,
>

>          Google is an amazing tool.
>
>If you type:
>

>               "headsq itk"
>

>The third link is the following email of the ITK users list
>http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-May/003894.html
>
>Where you will find the MetaImage header that allows you to read
>the headsq dataset with an itk::ImageFileReader.
>
>filename="quarter.mhd":
>

>NDims = 3
>DimSize = 64 64 93
>ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
>Position = 0 0 0
>ElementByteOrderMSB = False
>ElementType = MET_USHORT
>ElementDataFile = quarter.%d 1 93 1
>

>Note that the actual demo that you are looking at is an early
>experiment where ITK filters where wrapped inside VTK filters.
>In that situation, the reading of the image is done with VTK
>filters.
>

>I would suggest you to use the MetaImage header attached and
>look at the ITK registration applications such as
>

>     InsightApplications/
>          LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration
>

>Once you load an image in ITK you can save it in any
>of the formats listed on the FAQ
>
>http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ#What_3D_file_formats_can_ITK_import_and_export.3F
>

>   Regards,
>

>      Luis
>

>----------------------------------
>alqatarneh at netscape.net wrote:
>
>> Hi Luis, Hi all,
>>
>> There is a dataset of HEADSQ Images (headsq.1, headsq.2,.... headsq.94)
>>
>> that is used to demonstarte the example (InsightApplications/vtkITK/Scripts/DemoMutual.tcl).
>>
>> I understand that the format of such data is different from the Quarter and Half Headsq data as pointed out in the ReadMe:
>> "Warning: this dataset has a connectivity bit set (unlike the half and
>> quarter resolution cases). Set the data mask in vtkVolume16Source to
>> mask out the high-order bit."
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to produce similar format to the HEADSQ.n format from my own images?
>>
>> I searched quite alot but I found most info available is mostly about the Headsq Quarter dataset.
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sharef

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.