[Insight-users] question about fltk to VTK FltkImageViewer

uzay emir uzayem at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 02:04:12 EST 2005

Dear Luis
Thanks for your reply. I have tried what you had wrote. But the result is the same. Then I tired to compile GaussianFilter example outside the Insightapplication folder and again I coul not compile this example. The error is the same code could not see the "InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer"  folder. However this example works under  "InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/ GaussianFilter" folder.

errors:
:/Documents and Settings/uzay/Desktop/vtkitkfltk/GaussianFilter/out/liFilterConsole2DGUI.h(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fltkLightButton.h': No such file or directory
liFilterConsole2D.cxx
C:\Documents and Settings\uzay\Desktop\vtkitkfltk\GaussianFilter\liFilterConsole2D.h(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fltkImage2DViewer.h': No such file or directory
GaussianFilter2D.cxx
C:\Documents and Settings\uzay\Desktop\vtkitkfltk\GaussianFilter\liFilterConsole2D.h(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fltkImage2DViewer.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.
ALL_BUILD - 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)

The cmake routine that i used is below.

PROJECT(GaussianFilter)
 MACRO(ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE name sources)
    ADD_EXECUTABLE(${name} ${sources})
  ENDMACRO(ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE)
MACRO(ITK_DISABLE_FLTK_GENERATED_WARNINGS files)
  IF(${CMAKE_MAJOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_MINOR_VERSION} GREATER 1.6)
    IF(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
      FOREACH(f ${files})
        STRING(REGEX REPLACE "\\.fl$" ".cxx" SRC "${f}")
        STRING(REGEX REPLACE ".*/([^/]*)$" "\\1" SRC "${SRC}")
        SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(${SRC} PROPERTIES COMPILE_FLAGS -w)
      ENDFOREACH(f)
    ENDIF(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)
  ENDIF(${CMAKE_MAJOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_MINOR_VERSION} GREATER 1.6)
ENDMACRO(ITK_DISABLE_FLTK_GENERATED_WARNINGS)

  FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
  IF(ITK_FOUND)
    INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
  ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
    MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
            "Cannot build InsightApplications without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
  ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)
  FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK)
  IF(FLTK_FOUND)
      INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR})
  ENDIF(FLTK_FOUND)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
  ${InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
  ${InsightApplications_BINARY_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
  ${GaussianFilter_SOURCE_DIR}
  ${GaussianFilter_BINARY_DIR}
)
SET(GaussianFilter_SRCS
  liFilterConsole.cxx
  liFilterConsoleBase.cxx
  GaussianFilter.cxx
  )
SET(GaussianFilter2D_SRCS
  liFilterConsole2D.cxx
  liFilterConsole2DBase.cxx
  GaussianFilter2D.cxx
  )
ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE(GaussianFilter   "${GaussianFilter_SRCS}")
ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE(GaussianFilter2D "${GaussianFilter2D_SRCS}")
FLTK_WRAP_UI(GaussianFilter liFilterConsoleGUI.fl)
FLTK_WRAP_UI(GaussianFilter2D liFilterConsole2DGUI.fl)
ITK_DISABLE_FLTK_GENERATED_WARNINGS(liFilterConsoleGUI.fl)
ITK_DISABLE_FLTK_GENERATED_WARNINGS(liFilterConsole2DGUI.fl)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(GaussianFilter ITKFltkImageViewer ITKIO ITKBasicFilters)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(GaussianFilter2D ITKFltkImageViewer ITKIO ITKBasicFilters)

I will be very glad if you help me to solve this problem.
Uzay

Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
Hi Uzay,

You just need to add to your CMakeLists.txt file
a line like:

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
${InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
)

The will add that directory to the path where header files
a searched for.

NOTE that you shouldn't use an explicit path as you are doing
for the link directories:

> LINK_DIRECTORIES(
> $C:/Program Files/itk/InsightApplications/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer

Just take advantage of the variables

InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR
InsightApplications_BINARY_DIR

If you are building your project outside of InsightApplications,
then you will have to explicitly define these two variables in
your CMakeLists.txt file.