[Insight-users] diffusion tensor data in itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 2 20:59:39 EST 2005

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for sharing your code.

We will be experimenting with the implementation of the Tensor
class very soon.  There are many groups interested on DTI images,
and we are trying to satisfy the needs of their algorithms

The plan is to have a three level hierarchy, such as:

              Tensor
              SymmetricTensor
              DiffussionTensorPixel

Your class will fit quite well at the last level.

We also found quite interesting the DTI filters that you have in
your Web page.  If you are willing to contribute those filters to
the Insight Toolkit we will be happy to work with you in order
to get them integrated in the toolkit.

Our policy is to acknowledge the authors by using the "\author"
key in Doxygen, as well as adding a mention when we CVS commit
their code into the repository.

  Please let us know what you think