[Insight-users] sorry, im again with wrappers

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Jul 26 10:07:04 EDT 2005

Hi Brad,

Since your fix in cableswig, I get a wrapping gap warning for
LabelStatisticsImageFilter (a some other classes) :

Generating wrap_itkLabelStatisticsImageFilterPython.cxx
Warning
itk::Statistics::Histogram<double,1,itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer<float>

has a class hierarchy that has wrapping gaps.
The class hierarchy wrapping is as follows:
Not wrapped: itk::Statistics::Sample<(itk::FixedArray<(double,1)>)>
     Wrapped: itk::Object
     Wrapped: itk::LightObject

I have wrapped itk::Statistics::Sample (see attached patch), and now I get
another warning when building LabelStatisticsImageFilter :

Generating wrap_itkLabelStatisticsImageFilterPython.cxx
:1: Warning(401): Nothing known about class
'itk::Statistics::Sample<itk::FixedArray<double,1 > >'. Ignored.
:1: Warning(401): Maybe you forgot to instantiate
'itk::Statistics::Sample<itk::FixedArray<double,1 > >' using %template.

Sample builds without warning, but finally, I can't load InsightToolkit
module in python :

1> import InsightToolkit
exceptions.ImportError                               Traceback (most
recent call last)

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/<console>

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/python/InsightToolkit.py
----> 1 from itkalgorithms import *
       2 from itkio import *

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/python/itkalgorithms.py
----> 1 from itkbasicfilters import *
       2 from itknumerics import *
       3 __itk_import_data__ = itkbase.preimport()
       4 from ITKAlgorithmsPython import *
       5 itkbase.postimport(__itk_import_data__)

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/python/itkbasicfilters.py
       2 __itk_import_data__ = itkbase.preimport()
       3 from ITKBasicFiltersAPython import *
----> 4 from ITKBasicFiltersBPython import *
       5 from ITKBasicFiltersCPython import *
       6 itkbase.postimport(__itk_import_data__)

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/ITKBasicFiltersBPython.py
      78 from itkExpandImageFilter import *
      79 from itkIntensityWindowingImageFilter import *
---> 80 from itkLabelStatisticsImageFilter import *
      81 from itkLaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter import *
      82 from itkLaplacianSharpeningImageFilter import *

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/itkLabelStatisticsImageFilter.py
      56 import vnl_vector
      57 import vnl_vector_ref
---> 58 import itkSample
      59 import itkImage_2D
      60 import ITKRegions

/usr/lib/InsightToolkit/itkSample.py
       3 # This file is compatible with both classic and new-style classes.
       4
----> 5 import _itkSample
       6
       7 def _swig_setattr(self,class_type,name,value):

ImportError: No module named _itkSample

Do you know why Sample is not wrapped and how it can be fixed ?

Regards,

Gaetan

--
Gaetan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>