[Insight-users] passing MetaDataDictionary through pipeline & FFT

Jakub Bican jakub.bican at matfyz.cz
Fri Jul 1 08:16:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

please, is there a possibility to let filters pass MetaDataDictionary
through the pipeline during its update?

I encountered this problem: FFTRealToComplex...Filter stores original
image size in the meta data dictionary to let the following
FFTComplexToReal...Filter know what was the original image size before
the decimation of the first dimension by forward transform to (n/2+1).
So it is then able to reconstruct images with odd size properly. If i
process complex data by some other filter, these information get lost,
so the image is not reconstructed well.

Finally, i want to dispute storing the original size by forward FFT
filter. I think that the "odd/even flag" together with the possibility
for user to force the filter to override the flag would be much more
suitable as it allows wider range of operations on image in frequency
domain (including cropping, padding, etc).

Cheers,
            Jakub