[Insight-users] (Classification Framework)

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 31 20:50:17 EST 2005

Hello Sainath,

Have you had a chance to download and review the ITK Software Guide
(http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf ) in addition to some of the
"getting started" tutorials (http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm )?
These are both linked from the ITK "Welcome Package" page
(http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm ).

There is a good section on the classification framework in the Software
Guide. (Section 10.3, page 463). I would suggest reading that section,
then going through some of the example code (in
Insight/Examples/Statistics) that seems relevant to the material
discussed in the software guide. (E.g. the decision rule examples, or
the KDTree stuff, or the Mixture Models example.)

Then try to write some simple classifier on your own, using the ITK
classes. Run this on "toy" data until you get the hang of what's going
on. At that point, you should know plenty.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine