[Insight-users] streaming to file

sigmunau at idi.ntnu.no sigmunau at idi.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 28 07:39:30 EST 2005

Is it possible to read from file, do simple processing and save to file in a
streaming fashion without ever loading the entire image into memory? I tried
using StreamingImageFilter, but it seems to output the entire image in one
big chunk. I also noticed that ImageIOBase has a CanStreamWrite method, but
none of the subclasses seem to implement that. I'm working with raw images
and/or metaimages, and I don't see any particular reason why these can't be
written one slice/line at a time (or any integer number of slice/line). And
even if some ImageIO class did implement it, I failed to find any way to
control this streaming.

If the case is that this could be done and is considered quite easy, just
that noone has done it yet, I would consider writing a patch.

Sigmund Augdal