[Insight-users] A couple of questions about level sets

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 16 02:35:58 EST 2005

Hi Zach,

The best way of taking advantage of the Level Set framework is to
create your new LevelSet filter as a derived class of the

                SegmentationLevelSetImageFilter

as you described in your numeral (a).

By doing this, you reduce your effort to simply implementing the
PDE of your LevelSet formulation in to a class deriving from the
SegmentationLevelSetFunction.

The rest of the LevelSet functionality is inherited directly.

Please let us know if you find any difficulty with your
implementation.