[Insight-users] Morphological Filter boundary condition and kernel size

Quan Chen quanchen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:29:04 EST 2005

First, for all those Morphological or Geodesic filters, the structure
element is in the unit of pixel only?  I am wondering if it is a good idea
to pass the image information (pixel size) to StructureElement so that it
will accept the size in actual dimensions like other filter (like Gaussian)
did.

Secondly, I tried to use the GrayscaleMorphologicalOpeningImageFilter that
itk add recently.  I noticed that the filtered image shifted 2*n pixels in
all dimensions when I use the structure element with a radius of n.  I am
wondering if it is the filter design bug or I didn't compile the updated
version correctly (mixed with old version?).