[Insight-users] about ITKFilterLib and how to create dll file with ITK code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 27 15:54:41 EST 2005

Hi Zien,

1) It is a waste of your time to build ITK without CMake.

    You can manage to "manually" get all the configuration
    in the little boxes of Visual Studio, and all your efforts
    will go to the trash as soon as you need to move this application
    to another computer.

    Please use CMake, your brainpower is better used when dedicated
    to develop image processing applications, instead of wasting
    time with the decadent VC++ ways of configuring projects.

2) For building the ITKFilterLib project in InsightApplications
    you may want to edit the CMakeLists.txt file and remove the
    lines that say :

             BUILD_OUTSIDE_INSIGHT_APPLICATIONS

3) You could put your code in a Library and make it to be shared.

    For an example on how to do this,
    please look at the code in

            InsightApplications/
                        VolviewPlugins