[Insight-users] problems itk compilation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 11:18:04 EST 2005

Hi Roger,

Thanks for reporting this problem, and for
sending the CMakeCache.txt file.

The source of the problem seems to be related
to the TRY_RUN command that evaluates what is
the size of the CHAR in your machine.

The message in the Cache says:

662:  CMAKE_SIZEOF_CHAR:INTERNAL=FAILED_TO_RUN

as a matter of fact, it seems that all the "TRY_RUN"
failed during your configuration.

---

Are you sure that the Visual Studio 8 in that machine
is operational ?

Have you used it for compiling and linking any other
project ?

The TRY_RUN commands build and attempt to execute
very simply little programs, so it is suspicious
that they failed to run.

Please let us know what you find.