[Insight-users] EPI Ground Truth

kavec at messi.uku.fi kavec at messi.uku.fi
Thu Dec 22 04:01:21 EST 2005

Arash,

I am not sure what is the aim of your work, but (as an MRI physicist) I don't
believe that there exist an "EPI ground truth". Even if you would segment your
k-space and use parallel imaging, your EPIs will be distorted and suffer
intensity loss.

Also, I don't believe that non-rigid registration can recover shape and
intensity of EPIs correctly. B0 field mapping is commonly used for this
purpose.

I would chose other approach to evaluate performance of a non-rigid algorithm.
An object (phantom) with known shape and known deformation, imaged with
modality which doesn't suffer from deformation, such as CT.

Cheers