[Insight-users] CenteredEuler3DTransform

wenzeld at att.net wenzeld at att.net
Wed Aug 3 23:18:27 EDT 2005

My understanding from the documentation and from looking at the header file for this class is that this transform has 9 parameters for which it tries to solve in the case of using it with an optimizer.  These parameters are the three for rotation, the three for the centered offset, and the three for the translation.  After running an optimization using this transform, I got only 6 parameters returned instead of 9 and upon inspecting the transform instance in the debugger, I noticed that the centered offset was zero.  Is this because the centered offset was incorporated into the translation component?  Is the center of rotation really being solved for in the optimzer as I did not see it as part of the jacobian calculation (there is none defined in this class)?

Thanks...

Dennis