[Insight-users] itkDeformableMesh3DFilter

Leila baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Wed Apr 27 08:57:14 EDT 2005

Hello Gunn Marie,

This Filter is written on Simplex Mesh deformable models , these are
mostly the work of "Herve Delingette" of INRIA, France, and of course
Thomas Boettger who did most of the steps of implementing it in ITK,

I think the papers you would want to read are

1. Simplex Meshes: a General Representation for 3D Shape Reconstruction,
(INRIA report)

2. General Object Reconstruction based on simplex meshes

3. Globally Constrained Deformable Models for 3D object Reconstruction,

I can tell you from my own experience that you need to do a fair bit of
studying as things get more complicated as you go along,

as for your data crashing the filter, unfortunately that is not enough
info for me to help you with it so I suggest you send me a small dataset
if you have one, I will try looking through it soon,
if not I am afraid you just have to be a bit patient until I am done
working on it,

HTH

Leila