[Insight-users] register of MRI and a partial fMRI

Vincent Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Sun Apr 24 13:26:21 EDT 2005

Yu,

There is a multi-resolution mutual information registration program as
part of the InsightApplications. I have used this extensively for EPI to
T1 registration. I have had fairly good luck with this program. The PDF
that describes the application has some suggested parameters, but you
may need to optimize the parameters for your particular application.

Vince

Luis Ibanez wrote:

>Hi Yu,
>
>Yes, you can use ITK for registering a fMRI to an MRI
>even if they dont fully cover the same anatomical
>regions.
>
>You may want to use the MRI image as the Fixed image and
>set the FixedImageRegion to the rectangular box that covers
>the brain plus a border of about 10 millimeters. Take the
>fMRI image as the Moving image.
>
>You may want to use any of the MutualInformation Metrics
>available in ITK.
>
>For a full list of the Image Metrics please look at the
>Groups in Doxygen:
>
>http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__RegistrationMetrics.html
>

>Regards,
>

>    Luis
>

>------------------
>Yu Qi wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a MRI volume of the whole head and
>>a fMRI volume of the brain.
>>
>>Can I register these two directly with ITK?
>>
>>Do I need to use the SetRegion() to MRI volume?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>

>>*Best Regards!*
>>**
>>*Yu Qi*