[Insight-users] Question about OtsuMultipleThresholdsImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 23 17:37:11 EDT 2005

Hi Marion,

With the OtsuMultipleThresholdImageFilter you must provide:

1) Number of bins in the Histogram
2) Number of thresholds (e.g. number of expected classes - 1 ).

The actual separation between the thresholds depend on the nature
of your images. More precisely, it depends on the statistical
distribution of intensities.

Is your image a synthetically generated image ?

Maybe a more detailed description of your parameter settings will
help us here.

Could you please post the list of thresholds that you get for
each one of the combinations of input parameters that you are
providing to this filter ?