[Insight-users] Clarification on itkOrientImageFilter orientation codes

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:45:24 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I implemented the itkOrientImageFilter so I can snap all my volumes to
a particular orientation.The input/output is working, I am just unsure
of what the orientation codes mean. For instance, I would like all my
images to have their rows going towards the Posterior, columns going
towards the Feet, and the Z (slice direction) going towards the Right
side of the patient. How do I translate that into the codes provided
by the filter?

Also, since my input are DICOM files, can I translate the
ImagePositionPatient tag directly to one of the filter codes?

Thanks for any clues,
Mark