[Insight-users] KullbackLeiblerCompareHistogramImageToImageMetric

jef vdmb jvdmb at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:55:04 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to find out which metric behaves the best for my multi modal
registration problem. The images are a 2D US and a 3D MR (should you have
any suggestions, based on their modality).

I am plotting the metric value for all multi modal metrics available, but I
am having problems understanding how to use the
KullbackLeiblerCompareHistogramImageToImageMetric. In the SoftwareGuide, it
seems you only need your two images. When I go to the Doxygen pages however,
a "training histogram" is mentioned.

Could you please clarify the use of this metric, any parameters that need to
be set (besides epsilon), or known preprocessing improvements (like
normalisation).

Thank you,

Jef