[Insight-users] Removing "noise" from Mesh

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 17 18:13:49 EDT 2005

Hi Michal,

The simplest solution is to run the ITK Connected
component filter before extracting the Mesh.

In that way, you use the connectivity of the object
in order to remove the noise.

You may also want to consider any of the multiple
noise-reduction filters avaialble in ITK:

   - Median
   - Mathematical Morphology
   - Voting Filters
   - Anisotropic Diffusion