[Insight-users] ITK image origin & VTK world origin

Andres Munarriz munarriz.a at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:14:41 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your feedback and support.  Unfortunately this
precise discussion hasn't provided de answer to my doubt (I think I
didn't frase my problem correctly, my bad).  I have attached an image
which I can use to explain my problem better.  The whole issue arises
when I try to select a point (interactively) to define a region of
intrest.  When I pick a point using the vtkWorldPointPicker on a BMP,
jpeg or other format (diferent from DICOM) the coordinate system seems
correct (by correct I mean the origin is at the image's bottom left
corner). But when I try to pick a point on a DICOM image the origin
seem shifted 175 pixels to the right and about 345 pixels upward.  In
the attached image the image on the left (white area) is a Jpeg and
the one on the right is a DICOM slice.  The points I've picked appear
highlighted in blue.  As you can see the four points defining the
corner of the JPG are positioned correctly (if I query its coordinates
they are 0,0 0,512 512,0 512,512) but the points on the DICOM image
are shifted (-175,-345 -175,355 165,-345 165,355).

Has this ever happend to anyone? Is this related to the DICOM header?
I'm still stuck and don't know how to proceed.

Once again thank you very much for your support.

--
-æ- Andrés E. Munarriz Soto -æ-

--
-æ- Andrés E. Munarriz Soto -æ-