[Insight-users] Expansion and Contraction with Level Set Segmentation

Evert van Velsen efsvelse at students.cs.uu.nl
Thu Apr 14 09:42:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

maybe I have a simple question, but I couldn't find it in the
documentation. At this point I use the ShapeDetectionLevelSet filter for
vessel lumen segmentation with the central vessel axis as initial set.
Unfortunately, only expansion is embedded in this filter, and I want to
use the possibility of both expansion and contraction of the level set
surface. Is this already available in ITK, have somebody implemented it,
or is there a simple way to implement this?

Thanks,

Evert