[Insight-users] Is there any paper for implement Gradient Descentoptimizer Eg:class RegularStepGradientDescentBaseOptimizer in itk

庄吓海 arhye at 163.com
Wed Apr 13 09:26:27 EDT 2005

Karthik Krishnan,您好!

I am a student in SJTU,Shanghai,China. I want to implement registration by myself, and I have gotten
lots of help from ITK src and users list. However, I can understand some special procedures using in GradientDescent and Powell optimizer : (
for example, to calculate the derivative in GradientDescent:
MutualInformationImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,TMovingImage>
::CalculateDerivatives( --------------------------------------   : <
  const FixedImagePointType& point,
  DerivativeType& derivatives ) const

Although I had read some paper about Mutual Imformation and Gradient Descent
could you be so kind to tell me more about the principle on which this method is based, and any papers about Powell description.
Thanks a lot :)

======= 2005-04-12 12:56:00 您在来信中写道:=======

>> 庄吓海 wrote:
>>
>> >  insight-users,您好!
>> >          致
>> >  礼!
>> >          庄吓海
>> >          arhye at 163.com
>> >            2005-04-11

>> A quick look at the code will probably help. You will also find ample
>> information (about 20 slides or so on GradientDescent with lots of
>> pictures :) ) at the NAMIC Registration presentation that Luis gave.
>>
>> Here's the link
>>
>> http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/b/ba/Insight-Registration.ppt
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards