[Insight-users] Link Error! Help.

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Wed Apr 13 05:14:51 EDT 2005

firebird at medison.com wrote:
>   I have one more question.  I tried to test Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion Filter with ITK, and copy the result data to memory buffer, not file.

You should give us more information on what you are intending to do,
since the result of any itk image filter already is a "memory buffer".

Do you want to use the result in a different part of your application
that is independent of the itk? Then think of writing yourself a wrapper
class around the itk image.
Anyways, you could use the itk image itself as your "memory buffer",
since it is a very convenient class.
You could also allocate your own heap array of the proper size and copy
the itk image data using an iterator to your own buffer on the heap.
IMHO the GetBufferPointer method should work as well, since the internal
representation of an itk image also is an 1D heap array, but by using
this method you would get problems if sometimes in future the internal
representation of an itk image changes.

>   I test with GetBufferPointer method of itk::Image, but I failed.

Why did you fail? Please tell us what happenend.

Martin Urschler