[Insight-users] How to color iso-surface with another scalar field?

Hui Fang cubicshining at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:43:56 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question...
I extracted an iso surface with vtkContourFilter from a scalar field.
As far as I know vtkPolyDataMapper will use this scalar field to index
into the lookup table. But since it's an iso surface the color will be
quite constant.
Actually I want to compare this surface with another iso surface. I
found the distance to that surface and I want vtkPolyDataMapper to use
the distance field to index into the lookup table. Is there any way I
can do that? Couldn't figure this out for a day.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Hui