[Insight-users] MattesMIMetric with different optimizers

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 10 11:37:08 EDT 2005

Hi Xavier,

You are probably using a radius that is too large
for the OnePlusOneOptimizer.

The exception that you are getting, is thrown when
the transform is so far off that the fixed image and
the mapped moving image don't have any overlap.

This means that you are moving too far too fast in
the parametric space of the transform.

Simply reduce the size of the InitialRadius in the
Optimizer. You may also have to tune the GrowthFactor,
to make sure that the radius doesn't grow too much
during the iterations.