[Insight-users] Question about RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer

Feng Qiao fqiao at rice.edu
Wed Apr 6 03:22:18 EDT 2005

Hi,
I tried to use the RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer to register PET
images. When I monitor the registration progress, I found that the
measure value initially goes down during the first couple of iterations,
then it just kept increasing for many iterations (the metric was set to
be minimized). The increment for each step was not that large though,
and it did stop finally. The parameters I  used was:  max step length
=20, min step length = 0.01.
I'm just wondering if this is normal...and if so why is the case? Any
help would be appreciated.

Feng