[Insight-users] Limiting extent of input data.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 2 10:58:29 EST 2005

Hi Michal,

You are probably misunderstanding the CropImageFilter.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CropImageFilter.html

This filter actually takes a sub-region of the image.
The output image will have a buffer that is limited
to the extracted region.

Just in case, you may consider the use of these other
filters that perform similar tasks:

ExtractImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ExtractImageFilter.html

RegionOfInterestImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegionOfInterestImageFilter.html

Note that the Crop filter actually derives from the Extract filter,
that's the reason why you will not find any 'extraction' code in the
Crop filter.

All of them (including the CropImageFilter) "really" remove
the data outside of your requested region.