Antw: [Insight-users] MultiResMIRegistration problem

Jan Schreiber Jan.Schreiber at umit.at
Fri Apr 1 06:17:19 EST 2005

Hi Laurent,

have a look at http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

A .mhd file is a simple text file and could look like this:

    NDims = 3
    DimSize = 181 217 181
    ElementType = MET_UCHAR
    ElementSpacing = 1.2   1.2   3.4
    Offset = 13.4  27.5  43.2
    ElementByteOrderMSB = False
    ElementDataFile = yourimagedata.raw

yourimagedata.raw is 1 big file containing all the pixel values of all
your slices in raw format.
It should also be possible to use a multi slice tiff file...
As the .mhd file includes a link (ElementDataFile) to your image data,
you only have to load the .mhd file.

You could also modify the application and use itk::ImageSeriesReader
instead of itk::ImageFileReader. Than you can load your slices (in
DICOM, PNG, etc. format) that are stored in separate files on disk.

Hope that helps!
Jan

>>> <laurent.paul at club-internet.fr> 01.04.2005 13:48:58 >>>

Hi!

I need help! Take a cup of columbian coffee!
I try to use MultiResMIRegistration example.

To be simple, I have series of Dicom files for CT and Analyze for PET.
I can convert these in any type of file (except ones I don't know as
.mha .mhd). I'd want to register these series.
It would be great if you could say me what type of volume I can use
(Analyze, serie of 2D images as TIFF, JPG, PNG, Dicom, or other).
Apparently, the volume is passed by his header file?
Is the two volumes must have the same dimensions (number of slices) and
include the same part of the volume? In fact PET embodies the whole
patient when the CT embodies only the pelvis. Is that a problem?

I saw in users archives that I could use *.mha files. What are that
files? I have some but can't open them. Tell me more about that format.
Softwares tell me header is wrong(?!).

I managed to run the application but just for 2D file. The result is
very bad but that's normal becuse the files I tried to register are
pelvis images (PET contains few informations, just the tumor). I'd want
to try before with brain images (less difficult to register I think). I
saw in the users archives that there are images on the ftp server,
brainweb165a10f17 and brainweb1e5a10f17Rot10Tx15. I didn't find them. Is
this application works with 2D images?

Least, I don't understand some parameters.
Line 5: Multi resolution level? Which level?
Line 6-7:starting level?
Line 10: Scale applied?

I know that's a lot of questions but I don't understand Please, just
give me some keys to register brain images.

Thanks for your help.

Laurent PAUL.