[Insight-users] Re: reading CTI/ECAT PET images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 27 15:06:06 EDT 2004

Hi Raghu,

There is no direct support for CTI/ECAT file
formats in ITK at this point.

Here are two options:

A) You could use some of the available tools for
    converting those files into Analyze files, and
    then read them with ITK.

B) You could take one of the public libraries
    available for reading this fileformat and create
    an ImageIO for them following the instructions
    of the "Reading and Writing Images" chapter from
    the ITK Software Guide.

If you decide to go for option (B) we will encourage
you to contribute the resulting ImageIO class to ITK.