[Insight-users] registration for tiled volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 24 13:50:00 EDT 2004

Hi Rocky,

There is not an specific functionality in ITK for
registering tiles of images. However, several users
have already attempted this for microscopy and satelite
images applications.

What you can do is to register the blocks by pairs
using the registration framework described in the
ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf and in the tutorials,  then
iterate over the block pair combinations until
convergence.

It probably makes sense to develop a higher level
class that will do this for N1 x N2 x  ...Nn images,
I would guess that people in microscopy will be happy
to have such a class available.

Note that while you do the registration by pairs you
may want to set the "FixedImageRegion" of the Metric
to be just the region of overlap between one cube and
the next.

It is extremely important that you make sure that the
image cubes have each one consistent image origin
coordinates and consistent pixel spacing values.

  Please let us know if you have further questions.